Sunday, October 19, 2014

Be Real

Exodus 33:14 - And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Philippians 4:8-9 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me–practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

I John 1:5-7 - This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Dear God, thank You for helping me to tear down the walls I had up all these years. Sadly, most churches seem to love having the walls to hide behind and when someone comes in who is not afraid to tear down the walls, they seem to suddenly forget what their mission is which is usually to share You with the whole world. That is what I experienced at Oak Mountain. As soon as they found out I have autism, they tried to hide me from everyone. It not only hurt me, but it hurt those closest to me as they saw me hurting. I still pray that Tom and I will be able to reconcile one day soon. But at this point, there is no reconciling with Oak Mountain. The damage they inflicted runs too deep. They made it clear that no person with special needs will ever be welcome there let alone safe there. I do not hide behind walls because it is scarier to do that than to just be open. Help me continue to be real with others. Help me to continue to love others with the love You have loved me with. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment