Friday, October 17, 2014

You Are Valuable

Luke 12:22-26- And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?"

Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Dear God, I am glad I am valuable to You, but sometimes I feel like I am not valuable to anyone, especially when the news keeps saying the republicans are back at their old game of hate for the sick who need insurance the most. They are still threatening to repeal the ACA because they hate the color of the president's skin. I finally have a chance at truly getting better so I can work at some point and the republicans want to destroy it before I even get it. It is not fair and it is not what YOU would desire at all. It goes against what You said in Matthew 25:31-46 when Jesus spoke about how to treat the least of these and how the way that they are treated is the way He is treated. I guess that means the republicans would even deny Jesus affordable acces to healthcare too. Scary. But they also don't understand that it is illegal under another law. Many people who have pre-existing are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the ACA, with the pre-existing conditions clause, further extends the rights under the ADA that have always been there but that insurers refused to allow until the ACA extended the extra protection to them. People like me who have private insurance and finally have more comprehensive plans finally have a chance of getting better and some of us may even finally have a chance to work at some point, even if just part time. But the republicans do not want to hear the truth, they cannot stand the truth. They do not care how many people they hurt. They just hate the president and have hated him ever since he took their plan and ran with it to still get it passed. Now, we see the plan the republicans have and it is nothing but repeal and screw the people who are disabled because of their pre-existing conditions. They apparently want us to die so we are no longer a burden to them. Well, I didn't fight all these years for nothing. I will fight against every single one of them. And if they cause me to lose my insurance, I will show up on their doorsteps and insist they must allow my family to move in with them because they caused a veteran and a disabled person to end up going bankrupt to medical costs caused by their disruption and if they refuse that they are committing treason against this country because they caused a veteran to become homeless. As long as the current president is in office, the ACA is protected territory, and like he said, we don't negotiate with terrorists. The republicans are already to shut down the government again if they can't repeal the ACA. Well, that is a breach of contract with the veterans and the disabled. And I think it is time that Americans enter into class action lawsuit against them for the damages they keep inflicting. Yes, I will know them by their fruit, and although they say they are Christians, their actions don't show it. Matthew 25:31-46. Which candidates in my area are for the least of these? Mark Lester and Parker Griffith and seems to be anyone but a republican this year. God, I am glad you value me though. That does make me feel better in light of all the negativity out there. Help me value myself more. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment