Friday, March 14, 2014

Hear My Song

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Matthew 7:7 - "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Dear God, I hear Your song. Probably more than most people. You call me to hear it in a variety of places and in a variety of ways. Sadly, many people do not hear Your song. When I go to the park, I can hear Your song in the gentle breeze that rustles the leaves, the chattering of the squirrels, the singing of the birds, the babbling of the creek. When the snow falls, I can Your song in that. When the rain is soft and gentle, I can hear Your song. When the puppy yaps or the kitten mews, Your song echoes through. Even in the sniffle, Your song breaks through. This is something that many people need to slow down and practice more of. Tom would benefit from this practice of listening for and to Your song. Maybe if he did, he could also hear Your words echo that he should talk with me so we can either have conflict resolution and restoration or at least closure. Maybe if the leaders at his church would learn to listen and practice it, they would actually hear those echoes of how much better it would be for everyone for them to listen to me and work on a better resolution than they have even dreamed of. Open their hearts, their minds, and their ears. Because Your song is coming. And when it does, it will be a beautiful symphony. And simply because this day was about Your song, I want to end with this:

"Let it go, let it go, the autism mind is coming through, let it go, let it go, never let the world stop you, I don't care, what they're going to say, let this mind grow strong, the truth never bothered me anyway."

Haha. God, many people are getting sick of that song. Which must actually be a good thing because the world gets sick of mostly good things and even though the song is not necessarily a Christian song, it is a good song with a good and powerful message. I have said it could be the new autism anthem song. Anything good and powerful has to come from You, for You are good. Thank You for the music, Your music, Your song, in the world and in my heart. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Quiet You With My Love by Rebecca St. James (YouTube)

Come to me, all who are weary
And I will give you rest
Come to me, all who are weary
And I will give your rest
Lay your head down on my shoulders
Be still my child, rest a while

And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song
And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song

Come to me, all who are weary
And take my yoke upon you
Come to me, all who are weary
My burden is easy and light

Lay your head down on my shoulders
Be still my child, rest a while

And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song
And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song

I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song
And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song

And I'll quiet you with my love
Rejoice over you with my song, with my song
And I'll quiet you with my love

No comments:

Post a Comment