Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Do Not Expect to Be Treated Fairly in This Life

Isaiah 61:10 - I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Romans 5:3-5 - More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not out us to shame, because God's live has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Ephesians 1:7-10 - In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Colossians 3:12-13 - Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 

Dear God, I find it impossible to rejoice in suffering. Some people are just so miserable in their own lives that they set out to intentionally make others miserable as well. The bullies in this life are almost unbearable and intolerable. And some of them claim to be Christians as well. Those are the ones that bother me the most. On the other hand, teach me to be quicker to forgive when someone sins against me. Teach me to show them the same love You have graciously shown me. Thank You for holding me. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment