Monday, October 12, 2015

Beware of Seeing Yourself Through the Eyes of Others

John 4:23-24 - "But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." 

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. 

Dear God, help me to always remember that Your opinion of me is the only one that really matters. You say that I am bought with the blood of Christ, renewed and will be made whole again on the other side. You say that You love me and have forgiven me of all my sins. You say that You will provide for me and that You will take care of me. So what does it matter when someone does not like the way I talk or the way I write or the way I dress or the way I act? I am me, not them. I am me, not You. And I may think that they are the one who is weird or strange or wrong because of the way they do things. So in my mind, I may be exactly okay, but someone else might not be, and in their mind, I am the weirdest thing they have ever met. Who cares? Your opinion is the ultimate opinion and the only one I should care about. Therefore, I am the daughter of a King in Heaven and am loved and blessed beyond measure. Thank You for that. And God, can You touch me with Your healing hands as I recover from the surgery? My nose is now on the mend, but my ears are still in a lot of pain and pressure. Please heal the ears and restore some of the hearing if You will. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment