Sunday, November 16, 2014

Words of Grace

John 7:38 - "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'" 

Ephesians 5:18-21 - And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Philippians 4:5-7 - Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Dear God, when Tom acted unreasonably toward me and became hateful and began believing lies and spreading lies, I thought there was no way I could ever forgive him for the pain he caused. He acted in a way that was up characteristic of him and not at all what I know he is able to be. But God, You are growing me. Tom may have had some unrealistic expectations of me and I of him. If he asks for forgiveness, he will have it. If he does decide to refriend me on Facebook as evidence of his forgiveness toward me, I will accept it. Because that is what a real friend does. That is what a real friend who has put God at the center of the relationship does. It is about grace. It is also about mercy and love and reverence. My heart is overflowing with You right now and I ask You to allow me to share it with Tom and with whoever else encounters me. Now does that mean that I will always be perfect in demonstrating You to others? No. And the crazy thing is that I have also learned that Jesus sometimes had a hot temper as well. And was brutally honest. Please open that door for reconciliation and restoration with Tom. Thank You, God. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment