Sunday, November 2, 2014

That Helpless Feeling

Psalm 116:5-7 - Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; our God is merciful. The Lord preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. 

Psalm 116:5-7 (CEV) - You are kind,  lord, so good and merciful. You protect ordinary people, and when I was helpless, you saved me and treated me so kindly that I don't need to worry anymore.

Isaiah 30:15-16 - For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength." But you were unwilling, and you said, "No! We will flee upon horses"; therefore you shall flee away; and, "We will ride upon swift steeds"; therefore your pursuers shall be swift.

Ephesians 5:20 - ...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,...

Dear God, I am helpless at times, and I do need Your help. The world should be ashamed for making people feel ashamed when they need help. They should be ashamed for demonizing people who need help. Let us remember going into elections that You favor the poor and the weak and the sick over the healthy and rich and strong. After all, You sent Your Son, not for the rich and the strong and the healthy, but for the poor and the weak and the sick. Thank You for helping me in my need. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment