Sunday, June 22, 2014

Your Best Protection

Psalm 116:17 - I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.

Philippians 4:4-6 - Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Dear God, thank You for the troubles? That is so hard to do! Let's face it, why would anyone want to thank anyone for the troubles? It defies human logic. But God, right now, I am going to do that. I still have something I have to do in order to take the first step to make amends as best as I can. It is up to the other person beyond that but with any luck he will have enough respect for me to respond. Thank You for bringing me to this point. Just give me the words and the moment I need to write them. And thank You for what. You are doing in spite of the troubles and maybe even because of the torubles. No, one cannot both complain about and thank You for the troubles. Not technically anyway. It is hard to do. Thank You God for a good object lesson today that helps defy human logic and gives a glimpse into Your logic. In Jesus' Name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment