Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Worth Celebrating

Isaiah 26:3 - O Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us, but your name alone we bring to remembrance.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

James 1:2-3 - Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know I the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

Dear God, it is definitely a challenge to consider problems as pure joy. When on the midst of trouble, there is no joy most of the time because of anxiety or frustration or even anger or sadness. Right now, I am troubled. Bentley won and DeMarco won in the primaries. The bright spot is come November, the general election will be here. Then we can make sure the hypocrites do not win. When Bentley first ran, he said he hated the president and that because of that he was going to block the Medicaid expansion for those who need it and yet he claimed to be a Christian. Why would someone who is a Christian hate the president so much that he would take it out on the least of these? Unless he is not a Chrsitian. DeMarco is now doing the same thing. He says he is a good Christian, goes to church, hates the president, and will do everything he can to repeal the ACA. He will not listen to the fact that many of his potential constituents have been positively impacted by the ACA. Instead, all he cares about is disrespecting the president and taking his hate for m out on the least of these. This has to be stopped! God, I am so sorry that these people are doing this and acting against Your word. I know You will intervene somehow. But I am worried and not really feeling like celebrating right now. Please help me. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment