Monday, June 9, 2014

Love Takes Care of It All

I Peter 4:8 - Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

I Peter 4:8 - Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

I John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Revelation 2:4 - But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 

Dear God, today You are teaching me that the reason Tom did what he did to hurt me and the reason he lied is because he was and is afraid. Afraid of the truth and lacking in confidence on Your love and forgiveness. Does that excuse what he did? No. But does it mean that he needs to work through some things? Yes. And does it mean I need to extend a hand of grace? Yes. And does it mean he and I should talk? Yes. Things might not ever be the same again, but it is what I need to offer to him to evidence my own growth in You, God. So falling into Your arms of love right now, I give You my fears, my anxieties, and my qualms, and I will do as You say in terms of writing that letter that will do just what I have said I need to do. Soften his heart, God. Thank You for Your love and Your forgiveness. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment