Sunday, August 2, 2015

Watch Your Words Diligently

Proverbs 12:18 - There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

James 1:19-20 - Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires. 

Dear God, help me when my words are wanting to be unbecoming and less than glorifying whether against a person or against You, whether from hurt or anger, or whatever may be in my head. Help my words to be more glorifying and more edifying. Help my words be more constructive. And forgive me when my words are less than honorable. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment