Saturday, January 3, 2015

Peace in the Midst of Trouble

Psalm 31:19-20 - Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues.

John 16:33 - "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

Dear God, today I really need Your comfort more than Your peace. Today we battle flu in the house. And it is painful. There is a chance I already have it since mom has been tested positive. I am miserable with high fever and hyperactivity, bone pain, coughing from the chest, and post nasal drip. Mom feels far worse than me. Her doctor said it was good I had my vaccine because I have a 50/50 chance of having a less severe case if I get the type mom has. We are going to the clinic this morning though to see if my course of treatment needs to stay as is or change up and try to get some sleep through night cough medicine. I am handing You, again, the thing with Tom. I feel peace about having taken the first step that could lead to restoration and reconciliation. I trust You to bring it about. Thank You just for being. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment