Saturday, January 31, 2015

Do Not Be Anxious

Genesis 28:15 - "Behold, I am with you will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

Psalm 28:7 - The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and in am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 

Psalm 56:3-4 - When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Dear God, I am entrusting my life into Your hands. But with that I know that I have some responsibility to take. I am immune deficient, and measles has been spreading again. Even though I had all my vaccines against it, I did not build my antibodies, and boosters are not recommended for me anymore. Even though I had measles six years ago, I still didn't build my antibodies. When I asked with sincerity what religion prohibits vaccines and more specifically if Christianity was cited for a specific passage from the Bible, some lady threw out thou shalt not kill. What she failed to understand though is that not vaccinating could kill me. She also tried to claim MMR comes from fetal tissue. The thing is fetal tissue can come from babies who die of natural causes, still born babies, umbilical cords that would otherwise be trashed, as well as babies who are aborted. I do not feel we should judge people who get abortions because we do not have all the knowledge of why they choose them. The lady chose to stay with her "thou shalt not kill" approach though, so I decided to block her toxic nature. If one is going to say "thou shalt not kill" as an excuse to not vaccinate, then "thou shalt not kill" is all the more reason that Christians should be vaccinating! Unless they have medical reason otherwise, like I do. God, take away my anxiety. Chances are I will not live to 40 either because of the pushy anti-vax people with no medical substantiation or because of the republicans claiming to be Christian but wanting to take away food and healthcare from the disabled. I will trust You to intervene regardless. But You know I already feel measles is the worst curse ever. Thank You for being a shield. In Jesus' Name, Amen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment