Sunday, January 11, 2015

Abide in God

Exodus 33:14 - And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

John 15:4-7 - "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

Dear God, abiding in You. Sometimes it is hard to do. But to remain fruitful, it is a must. I am going to ask You to remind the so-called Christians in D.C. to remember that apart from You, they can do nothing, but also that we will know them by their fruits. So far, they have failed. They have attacked disabled people and disabled veterans by attacking the Social Security. It is disheartening. They still plan to attack the ACA, which oddly was their plan to start with. This again, would be an attack on the disabled. The disabled, the least of these. The very people Your own Son spoke strongly about. Help me to never forget to spend time with You. Even if it is only five minutes or if I can somehow muster ten minutes at once, even it is only five minutes here and five minutes there throughout the day. Never let me stray far from You. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment