Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Worth Bragging About

Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord." - Jeremiah 9:23-24

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." - Psalm 19:1-2

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment." - Matthew 22:37-38

Dear God, 

Anything I do is because of the gifts You give me. If I want to brag, I should brag that I understand and know You and brag that You are the Lord. God, help me to never be like Trump. Help me to never insult others by bragging about riches. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment