Friday, February 10, 2017

Even on Bad Days

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" - Psalm 46:10 

Other translation: "Be still and know that I am God. I will be praised in all the nation's. I will be praised throughout the earth." - Psalm 46:10

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." - I Peter 5:8

"In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming a darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak." - Ephesians 6:16-20

Other translation focal verse: Use the shield of faith. With that you can stop all the burning arrows of the Evil One. - Ephesians 6:16 

Dear God, 

Today is a tough day and very bad things are about to happen as a result. The least of these are no longer safe in this country. It is hard to be happy. It is hard to stay happy. And I would much rather try to believe the best and hope for the best than be scared and expect the worst, but I do need to brace myself for the worst. God, please show me the good in this evil that is overtaking America. The devil is my enemy because I love and follow You. He wants to deceive me and tell me that wrong is right and right is wrong. And his voice is loud! But I need to be careful and sue the shield of faith so I can stop all of the burning arrows he shoots at me. The devil wants me to think that I am not Yours and that there is no joy. I refuse to pay the devil any attention. I belong to You. You love me. You can give me happiness even on bad days. Help me to never lose focus on that.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment