Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Mighty Hand

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." - I Peter 5:6-7

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" - Micah 6:8

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." - James 4:6

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. - James 4:10

Dear God, 

You want me to be humble under Your mighty hand and to trust Your work in my life. God, I am struggling with that as we watch yet another very evil man, Jeff Sessions, who has stood openly opposed to the laws that help the disabled and openly opposed to veteran's healthcare funding. I am watching America get destroyed. And I am seeing this after having just gotten out of the hospital for an overnight IV antibiotic treatment to combat a couple of serious infections. And this coming at a time when the republicans are bent on destroying the ACA which would cause 200 million people to lose protections they now benefit from with some 180 million not getting coverage through the marketplace.  God, please show Yourself in a might way. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment