Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The One Who Heals

Psalm 103:1-5 - Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

II Corinthians 12:7-10 - So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

James 4:1-3 - What causes quarrels and what causes fights among You? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Dear God, thank You for giving me autism. Or letting me have autism. Whichever. To those who tried to change me after learning about it, shame on them. To those who rejected me after learning about it, shame on them. As You Yourself say, You will not remove everything that causes hurt, but You will supply us with what we need to deal with the hurts. So I will simply say, thank You. Because autism does not hurt me, it is not something that needs to be taken away. It may cause some grief along the way with those who are too stubborn to see the strength that it presents along with the weaknesses, but thank You for letting me have it. Your grace truly is sufficient for me, and I truly am strong even in my weaknesses. Tom, if you see this, KNOW that. Trust that. Believe that. Because I can forgive you if you ask. And I am still willing to work through reconciliation with you. Thank You, God, for grace. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment