Saturday, August 30, 2014

The God Who Forgives

Genesis 16:7-14 - The angel of the Lord found her by a spring do water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?" She said, "I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai." The angel of the Lord said to her, "Return to your mistress and submit to her." The angel of the Lord also said to her, "I will surely multiply your offspring so that they cannot be numbered for multitude." And the angel of the Lord said to her, "Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, because the Lord has listened to your affliction. He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen." SOS he called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, "You are a God of seeing," for she said, "Truly here I have seen him who looks after me." Therefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi; it lies between Kadesh and Bered. (Ishmael = God hears; Beer-lahai-roi = the well of the Living One who sees me)

Psalm 139:7-10 - Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.

Psalm 139:7-10 (ICB) - Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run from you?...If I rise with the sun in the east, and settle in the west beyond the sea, even there you would guide me. With your right hand you would hold me.

Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice you over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Dear God, thank You for always being there and for never leaving my side. Thank You for forgiveness and love so perfect. Thank You for healing and mercy when it is most needed and for comfort and rest when I am so sick. Right now, I am battling a viral infection that apparently so many others are also battling that messes with the sinuses and the eyes. I am now on medicine for my eyes and still taking medicine to break the fever. Please bring healing. The eye doctor said it is a 10-21 day virus and I am opnwo about halfway through it. Please do not let it get worse and please help my eyes to heal with no complications. Thank You, God. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment