Friday, August 22, 2014

Give Your Loved Ones to Me

Genesis 22:9-12 - When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here am I." He said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me." 

Genesis 22:12 - Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withhold from me your son, your only son.

Exodus 33:14 - And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Dear God, help to trust You with my loved ones and to not idolize them. Help me to entrust them to Your love, protection, mercy, grace, and comfort just as I entrust myself to Your love, protection, mercy, grace, and comfort. Help me learn to balance my love for them with my love for You above all things. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment