Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Enjoy Life!

Matthew 1:23 - "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which means, God with us).

John 10:10-11 - The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep. 

Dear God, it is so hard sometimes to look up and see the rainbows in life. Right now, it is extremely hard in light of the loss of Robin Williams. As I read the title of today's devotion, I said I wish that he had been able to enjoy life more. But he had something wrong with him chemically. And it makes me sad. He lost his battle. He no longer had the strength to finish. But I rest in confidence in the fact that You are omnipotent and sovereign. You predetermined or predestined Robin Williams to return home when he did. The only thing I can pray is that he was a believer and is now resting with You in heaven. His story has brought out the worst on many people though. Just this morning, I read that his daughter left social media because of bullying due to the loss of her dad. It makes no sense. Why attack the family? Did they really have to release the gory details of how he did it? And I also see a lot of "Christians" who are being really judgmental and ignorant about what happened. Some of them are saying that depression is a demon that can be prayed away, that he should have just prayed and repented and he would have been fine, that he committed the unforgivable sin, that he must in hell because he was selfish and took his own life. From what I have learned and from what You have been teaching, those are untruths. Depression is not a demon. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain or a situational upset to the nervous system. Many people struggle with it at some point in their lives. The veteran who now has PTSD. The autistic who is smart and understands that he or she is different, longs to fit in, but still gets rejected no matter how hard he or she tries. The mom after giving birth because her body was literally one with her baby. Depression does not discriminate. Not one of is truly know what was in his heart. While I hope he was a believer, I do not know. But You do. Depression was his special need. Special needs cannot be prayed away. Churches and Christians who believe that are doing more harm than good. And they need to repent. Jesus came to heal the sick and to save the  lost. And You created ALL of us and love us. The unforgivable sin? Do any of us know what that is beyond some kind of blasphemy against the Spirit? No. But I do know it is not suicide. Robin Williams did not commit the unforgivable sin. He did not take the coward's way out or the easy way out. He put on a facade of bravery hiding his own personal battle from the world while bringing it joy and laughter along with the tears and humanity. Some people said he was selfish to take his life. My mom said he may have felt like he was a burden, and did the most unselfish thing possible to release his family from having to worry about him so much. We feel loss. Nowhere near as much as his family and friends. And my heart goes out to them. He was a kind man and so gracious to so many whom he touched and met. Even Koko the gorilla! God, we have a hole in our lives right now, but I hope You are now embracing one of the most influential and inspirational people who has ever been on earth. Thank You for giving us the opportunity to laugh and cry because of Robin Williams. Thank You for the many generations of people who have had the chance to have him in their homes on the screens or see him in the theaters or meet him for not a single person has not somehow been touched by his life. I just wish that depression didn't exist so he could have enjoyed his life more. Help me to always enjoy life no matter what I go through. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment