Monday, July 14, 2014

Unwanted Feelings

Isaiah 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

Ephesians 6:16-20 - In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

I John 1:5-7 - This is the message we have beard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

I John 1:5 - God is light; in him is no darkness at all.

Dear God, help me to not only understand the feelings I have but to not let them control me. When I am angry, let me be angry but without sin. When I am jealous, help remind me of all I have going for me, too. When I am sad or hurt or frustrated or afraid, help dispel the feelings or the desire to act out because of the feelings. Teach me God. Guide me. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment