Monday, July 14, 2014

Look Up!

Psalm 40:2-3 - He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and out their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 40:2 - He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and more; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm 42:5-6 - Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.

Psalm 147:10-11 - His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love.

Dear God, help me not fall into that nasty pit of self-pity. Thank You for loving me enough to rescue me. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Jesus Lover of My Soul by Hillsong United (YouTube)

Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You've taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the rock, and now I know
I love You, I need You
Though my world may fall, I'll never let You go
My Savior, my closest friend,
I will worship You until the very end.
(Repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment