Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tune in to Me

Psalm 32:8 - I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you wih my eye upon you.

Psalm 119:35 - Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.

Psalm 119:35 (ICB) - Help me obey your commands because that makes me happy.

Psalm 143:8 - Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Dear God, I want to better enjoy what You have in store for me each day. Oh how right You are about the things that come up to "mess up" our scheduled days. Just like the day I was attacked by the wasp. It was supposed to be go to the doctor, go to the network leader conference at Ross Bridge. Go to lunch for cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-A between the two. Go drop things off at the libraries before the appointment. On the way out the door, BAM! The wasp was not supposed to be there. He was not supposed to be between me and the storm door. But he was and he struck out at me. It was only once, but it was enough. Now I feel like they are conspiring against me. We have plans to paint the overhangs sky blue to see if that works. We read that they do that in places like south Florida. But that wasp sure did try to mess things up. It was not supposed to happen. But it did. I can see where we might lose sight of You when the unexpected happens. And where we need to trust You more when it does. Otherwise, we would really be hurting and suffering and not enjoying life as we should. It is okay to have schedules and plans, but we should be willing to embrace changes more often knowing that You are still in control of things. Thank You for this valuable lesson. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment