Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Be a Light

Exodus 3:14 - God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Matthew 5:14-16 - "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

John 8:12 - Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light if the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

II Corinthians 3:18 - And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Dear God, help me to always reflect Your light, Your love, Your mercy, and be Your hands and Your feet in this world. Thank You for giving me the opportunity. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Hands and Feet by Audio Adrenaline (YouTube)

An image flashed across my TV screen
Another broken heart comes into view 
I saw the pain and I turned my back
Why can't I do the things I want to?
I'm willing yet I'm so afraid
You give me strength
When I say

Chorus
I wanna be Your hands
I wanna be Your feet
I'll go where You send me
I'll go where You send me
Be Your hands
I'll be Your feet
I'll go where You send me
I'll go where You send me 
(Repeat)

And I'll try, yeah, I'll try
To touch the world like
You touched my life
And I'll find my way
To be Your hands

I've abandoned every selfish thought 
I've surrendered everything I've got
You can have everything I am
And perfect everything I'm not 
I am willing
I'm not afraid
You give me strength 
When I say

Chorus

Hands 
Feet
Go
Go

Chorus

This is the lifetime I turned my back on You
From now on, I'll go so
Send me where You want me to
I finally have a mission
I promise I'll complete
I don't need excuses
When I am Your hands and feet

No comments:

Post a Comment