Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Be Real with Me

John 15:13-15 - Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 

John 15:15 (ICB) - I don't call you servants now. A servant does not know what his master is doing. But now I call you friends because I have made known to you everything I have heard from my Father.

Revelation 17:14 - "...They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

Dear God, You are telling me that a true friend is someone I can trust completely and feel free to be myself with. That a true friend loves me just the way I am and not only knows the worst about me but also sees the very best in me. I want that. I need that. For once in my life, I really need a true friend. Someone I can really be real with. And who will love me no matter what. God, I am now struggling also with this reading on another note. Servants versus friends. It seems perhaps that the PCA as a denomination may not actually have the best system. Because they do too much in secret. An ideal church set up would have deacons and elders, but it would also be open for the congregation to observe the meetings and help make more informed decisions. Maybe if that had been the case I would still be able to attend church with my friends. Instead of a select few men full of hate being able to bully and control things. Now I have something that I need to wrestle with. Thank You for opening my eyes. And thank You for being my friend. In Jesus' Name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment