Sunday, September 7, 2014

I Set You Free

Psalm 103:11-12 - For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 61:10 - I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and a bride adorns herself with jewels.

Romans 8:1-2 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:2 (ICB) - I am not judged guilty because in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit that brings life made me free. It made me free from the law that brings sin and death.

Dear God, thank You for setting me free from the sins of this life that I may have committed. Thank You for forgiving and forgetting them. God, I have a heart ache I need You to help me through. I am losing my fur baby. Molly Jean is 15 now. That is a long time for a dog. She was born profoundly deaf and I worked with her using sign language. Other than a few minor things and a case of heat stroke, she has been relatively perfect in health until her body has taken a turn for the slow in the last couple of years. She is slipping away from me. The thing is, I have to let her go. But she is trying to hold on. Molly Jean doesn't seem to want to eat her food. I have tried a few other things to at least put something in her stomach, but I really need her to pull through until at least Monday. God, is it too hot for her? Can you give us some cool weather for a few hours before we get slammed with the unbearable heat? Is it time for us to say good-bye? Please, God, if it is time for us to say good-bye, please give me a strong sign. I need Your comfort and peace more now than ever. This is my second fur baby going through this in 8 years. Mom and I have decided that after she goes back to You that we will wait until after our long awaited vacation next holiday season to get another dog. One of the reasons is to make sure that we will have the money because the next dog needs to be a service dog and we have to go through all the research, time, and conversations to get things squared away for that. Oh God, please know if it is time for Molly Jean to go home to You that I do not want to be selfish with her. It hurts, but if You need her more now, then tell me, and I will give her to You gladly. Okay? Thank You God for giving me 15 long human years with her. I cannot ask for anything more. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Not Guilty Anymore by Aaron Keyes (YouTube)

It doesn't matter what You've done
It doesn't matter where You're coming from
Doesn't matter where You've been
Hear me tell You I forgive

You're not guilty anymore
You're not guilty anymore
I love You, mercy is Yours
You're not broken anymore

You're not captive anymore
I love you, mercy is Yours

Can You believe this is true? 
Grace abundant I am giving You
Cleansing deeper than You know
All was paid for long ago

There is now
Therefore no condemnation 
For those who are in Jesus 

You're not guilty anymore
You're not filthy anymore
I love You, mercy is Yours
You're not broken anymore

You're not captive anymore
I love you, mercy is Yours

You are spotless
You are holy
You are faultless
You are whole

You are righteous
You are blameless
You are pardoned
You are mine


No comments:

Post a Comment