Thursday, September 4, 2014

I Am the Light

Genesis 3:8-9 - And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?"

Psalm 32:7 - You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

John 8:12 - Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 8:12 (NASB) - I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.

John 8:12 (ICB) - I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness. He will have the light that gives life.

Dear God, please fill the hole in my heart that only You can fill. How right You are that many people try to fill the hole with the things of this world only to find themselves still living in disappointment and darkness. While the things of this world can make us happy, they cannot keep us in a happy state. Money is good, but if you get sick or fall into some other bad debt or some tornado tears apart your house, your money might be gone. Doing good things, while it may help you feel good and help others, doesn't necessarily fill the hole either. Thank You God for the light of life and the joy. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment