Monday, July 28, 2014

Soak in My Love

Psalm 139:1-4, 23-24 - O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

I John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 

Dear God, thank You God for Your perfect love. It really does drive out fear. Thank You God for giving me the words I need for my letter. Now give me the opportunity to write it and the courage to send it. And prepare him to respond in kind. Prepare his heart for the truth that he will need to learn in the next few weeks. And may we both learn how to forgive even in what seems to be the most difficult of cases. Thank You God for perfect love. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment