Monday, July 7, 2014

Think the Thought

Psalm 20:7 - Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Luke 1:79 - "...to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

I John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Dear God, Thank You God for being willing to forgive me when I have a bad thought. Thank You for teaching me that the thoughts that I think could impact the way I act or react. Yesterday I was feeling very frustrated over things. And at one point, I shouted, "Water buffalo." Of course, it was so random, mom started laughing and she asked me about it. I figured out after some thinking that the reason I sometimes say random things like that is to soft reset my mind so I can try to refocus which can calm me down even under the roughest of times. Now, after all of that, it might be a good idea to try to write out what frustrated me and then talk with someone who might be able to help me identify ways in which I can help the other person learn how they can more appropriately handle their end of things so that they do not lead me down a path of contempt toward them over their own responses or actions. Think the thought. Talk the talk. AND walk the walk. Too bad, I have not seen most Christians who evidence doing all of those things. And this election year is bringing out the worst in them. God, help me to do all three. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment