Tuesday, October 28, 2014

That's Not Fair

Isaiah 61:10 - I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Romans 5:3-5 - More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Ephesians 1:7-10 - In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ, as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and on earth.

Colossians 3:12-13 - Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive.

Colossians 3:13 (ICB) - If someone does wrong to you, then forgive him. Forgive each other because The Lord forgave you.

Dear God, no, God, life is not fair and it is not fair that the disabled people suffer so many injustices in this world. No, God, it is not fair that Tom who knew what was happening was wrong but did nothing. No, it is not fair that he hurt me. But God, you say that he and I need to forgive each other just as you have forgiven each of us if he is a Christian. So help me God. Help me to reach out in trust in writing. I have been afraid to do that. Not through an e-mail. Not through a text message. Not through a phone call. But through a letter. And help him to respond. Thank You God for being more than fair to me with Your grace and love and mercy and peace. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment