Monday, March 24, 2014

No Grumbling, Please

I Corinthians 10:9-10 - We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. 

I Thessalonians 5:18 - give hanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

Hebrews 12:28-29 - Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Dear God, Thank You God. But may I have permission to grumble today? Not about anything I know You would have me to do, but about the fact that I am down with a stomach virus that has not allowed me to absorb anything from what I have eaten or drank. Talk about rapid transit! And more about the fact that there are people on Facebook who claim to be Christians who attacked me yesterday. All I did was express my opinion about something that was posted by the al.com page and why I had that opinion. Then someone launched an attack by asking if I worked or was on government assistance. I didn't have to answer but I explained that I am disabled and was deemed unemployable right now. The next thing I know is that he and someone else had the nastiness enough to call me a lazy moocher! How does being disabled make me lazy?!? The guy who launched the attack claimed I showed ignorance. So I threw it back that his rude and wrongful assumption was what showed ignorance only to get attacked by someone else. How about this fact? In Alabama, the governor out politics over people in his refusal to expand Medicaid. Because of that if a person make less than $11,000, the ACA is not helping him/her. To make $11,000, one must be working. To make that and only have nontaxable income, one would have to make at least $1000 a month. So in Albama, if one has over $2000 in assets, one is screwed. And it doesn't matter if the person is disabled and unable to make income from a job either. Our Medicaid system in Alabama is messed up. It also doesn't favor disabled adults either as it is nothing more than a non-guaranteed supplement for private insurance. But in Alabama, if you end up qualified for Medicaid, suddenly the ACA is not your best friend anymore even if you do still need private insurance because you no longer qualify for assistance like all the other people do. Disabled does NOT equal lazy though and I think anyone who says stupid stuff like that needs to be hung by the toes and made to suffer like those of us who they insult like that. I challenge anyone to actually try to tell me that nonsense to my face. I mean that. But get this, being disabled is not a result of sin either. I was abused for having autism, the autism was treated as though it was a sin. Now part of what You are calling me to do is to rise above and offer Tom and his church another opportunity to REALLY work through the conflict in a way that does NOT involve exclusionary documents but inclusionary techniques and goals and to educate them on YOUR heart toward people like me and why it is important for them to embrace it and not resist it. You are calling me to more and asking me to call them to more. And just like the student in God's Not Dead, it is a mighty calling. And I accept it. And if You are calling me to do it, I know that You bring about results. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment