Friday, June 2, 2017

Psalm 3

Save Me, O My God

A Psalm of David, When He Fled From Absalom His Son

O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God.

But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy hill.

I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.

Arise, O Lord! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the Lord; your blessing be on your people!

Dear God, 

What would You have me learn from this passage? The struggle with the Psalms is the poetic nature of it. But even poems have messages that can be teach about Your nature. In this poem, I see Your heart can vary from the minds and the hearts of people. People might condemn people to judgment, but Your heart might be soft for someone otherwise condemned by people. Keep my heart soft God except where You have advised me otherwise for my safety.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment