Monday, January 27, 2014

The Best Security System Ever

Genesis 28:15 - Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.

Psalm 28:7 - The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

Psalm 28:7 (ICB) - The Lord is my strength and my shield. I trust him, and he helps me.

Psalm 56:3-4 - When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Dear God, Thank You for being my shield. And for always looking out for me. I wish that the conflict with Tom would get resolved. And I am going to trust You that it will even if it is through the presbytery pulling together a meeting. I know what he did was wrong. And I know he should have to face the consequences. And he likely will with the presbytery. I would prefer a restoration because Your word says we are to aim for restoration with each other. But I don't know if it is possible since he lied and hurt me as a result of the lies and refused to try to work it out. He hardened his heart and he did it because I have autism. And that is not fair nor appropriate. God, I told my mom that I should get paid for some of the ideas I come up with it. We have been iced in for days, and today she had to go to work with one of the emergency kits just in case. She also grounded my car due to there still being a few issues on the roads. But You protected a lot of us and people showed compassion. I am sad though that that compassion during a crisis is not the norms. See, compassion is something that Tom lacked when he chose to allow the abuse and ended up unnecessarily hurting me as well by joining the abusers and the bullies. Compassion was not something I saw when his church learned that I have autism and began to do everything that they could to tear me down even more than I had already been torn down and to exclude me because of it. That was not compassion. That was not grace. Oh, if only people knew how to show the same kind of compassion they showed during the crisis of the last few days ALL the time! How much better would everything be for everyone then? God, please continue to be a shield for me. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment