Sunday, January 19, 2014

Trust My Way

Isaiah 55:9-11 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your way as and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Dear God, I read the above verse and have to wonder then what is going on? Because of Tom and what he did and how he did it (he still has not evidenced repentance which is a requisite to receive forgiveness as You have made abundantly clear in scripture as well), and because of Your scripture that says we are to aim for restoration and seek peace, yet he has not been obedient to Your Word with regard to the conflict between us, and furthermore, the leadership at his church were and are bullies who abuse the least of these, I have to wonder if Your plans really are for the good and not evil. No offense, God, but it's just not making sense. Unless Your plans are that the presbytery WILL step in, bring all the pertinent people and me and my witnesses to the table, get to the bottom of things, and remove Tom and some of the other corrupted leaders from that church. God, why are You being so mysterious here when what I really need is answers? Answers that, right now, only Tom can provide? Answers that I need in order to either move forward or keep trying? God, right now, I do feel like You are hurting me, too. And it's not fair. If that is not Your intention, then please bring about the conversation some can get the answers I need and get unstuck. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment