Monday, January 27, 2014

Don't Worship Your Worries

Psalm 112:7 - He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.

Psalm 112:7 (ICB) - He is safe because he trusts the Lord.

I Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Dear God, I have a lot to worry about right now indeed! Unresolved conflict with Tom and how the presbytery will proceed with the complaint issued forth (or if they will since it is one of a very serious matter that reflects character in a negative way). Social security and having to reschedule the new appointment but not being able to do anything until the field office reopens. The library stuff. Getting my CD that I pre-ordered. Getting more almond milk. Mail that hasn't run in a couple of days due to weather. Whether I can get anywhere tomorrow even because even with weather improving road conditions in many places, lots of people got stranded and now cities are either having to start towing cars to clear the roads or people have to get back out to move them themselves. See? Lots of concerns and worries. But Lord, please help me to not end up "worshipping" my worries or making idols out of them. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment