Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One of a Kind

John 15:4 - "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me." 

II Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 

I John 4:7-8 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 

I John 4:7 (ICB) - Dear friends, we should love each other, because love comes from God. The person who loves has become God's child and knows God.

Dear God, help me to always stay on my path so I can become the person You created me to be, and help me to never let anyone try to change my path and deter me from being who You created me to be! Not everyone is supposed to be on the same path or the same journey, though their paths may indeed cross. If everyone was supposed to be the same, the world would be so dull and boring. It's like with the film, The Giver, where they stripped away color and emotion because they had decided that humans basically abused them and should all be the same. Yes, humans do abuse color and emotion, but to make everyone and everything the same? That film was good at teaching the importance of differences. And on that note, God, I want to ask that if You do not mind, I would love very much if Tom would forgive me knowing now that I am ready to forgive him when he is ready. And on another note, please, God, open the hearts of the people who keep protesting about black lives. Please open their hearts and their minds. They are being the racists of today and they are a mean bunch of hypocritical people at that. They read racism into everything if it doesn't agree with their mindset, and they are hurting their cause. Please, God, also protect the police officers. One of my former friends was a police officer and if not for him, who knows what would have happened after my car accident. He was off duty that night, but he still came to help me. Also, God, protect the innocent. We have lost special needs individuals at the hands of untrained police officers, unarmed, innocent of any crime. Police need to go back to what it was before-shoot to disarm, but don't shoot to kill. But considering how things are now, is it really smart to let a bunch of untrained citizens have guns as well? God, thank You for Your love and for adopting me. Keep us all safe. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment