Friday, December 5, 2014

What I Want Most

Deuteronomy 6:5 - You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with your soul and with all your might. 

Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Colossians 3:23 - Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.

Dear God, awaken my soul to Your daily presence where I can relish in Your joy and give You the glory! Maybe the reason so many young people like me abandon the church is because it has become too stiff. Too routine. Too pragmatic. Too rules driven. You must do this. You must do that. If you have autism, you must become normal. If you do not fit into our little box, then you simply do not belong. Church awaken! You're driving us out! We want to worship. We want to give back to God, but you have become too legalistic for us! Let us hear some TobyMac or Newsboys every now and then. Let us help create the worship setting. You don't need an orchestra to worship. Just a simple guitar will do. And if you don't assimilate the special needs, well, stop. Thank You, God, that I can worship You whenever and however I want and that I am not bound by any particular rules for how I do it or when I do it or where I do it or how I look when I do it. You accept my worship even when I am in pajamas. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment