Sunday, June 29, 2014

I Know the Way

John 8:31-32 - So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Philippians 2:12-13 - Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Dear God, thank You for truth. Thank You for life. Thank You for guiding me on the path of life, whatever that may be. Please prepare Tom to receive the truth and to respond with the truth in kind. Prepare his heart and his mind. How do I know it is time? Because the other person who I was having problems with at the same time Tom got stupid and hateful has finally come around - on his own. And, I have to allow You, God, to guide me with regard to that person. And keep me and my heart safe from harm or hurt or injury. The thing is, the truth can not only set a person free, but it can hurt too. Of course, the hurt that truth sometimes delivers is mostly due to the way the person handles it and not so much the truth itself. That is why I am asking that You prepare Tom to receive the truth and to respond with the truth in kind. I also need to be prepared for truth. And he has to be willing to give the truth. He hurt me. And he spread lies about me. He lied about some things. And I need the truth. In order to truly move on. And it is beyond time for the truth. So I will start this week. And I will not only be working on the letter but I will also be mailing it. And in doing so, it will definitely release me from some of the weight. But then it is up to him to respond in kind in whatever way he sees fit, but it is not something that he can just ignore nor is it something to just shrug off. I guess what happened this past weekend with the unexpected texting was the sign that many people speak of in order to know when it is time to do something or to take the next step. And in a sense that sign would be one that shows the way. God, in that sense, I can now understand how You are the way. Because You sometimes give us signs to help guide us to the next steps we should take. And even though I knew what steps I should take, I didn't know when I should take them. Now I do. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment