Friday, January 9, 2015

With You and For You

Psalm 46:1-3 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

Luke 1:37 - "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Romans 8:31 - What the shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 

Dear God, sometimes it can be so hard to wait on Your timing. Like with the forgiveness to and from Tom. But I had to do some personal growing so that I could make that gesture without feeling that I absolutely had to do it. And although I cannot forgive his church overall, particularly those who were the actual abusers, I can forgive him and I can wait on him to forgive me. Because he is still important enough as a person to me for me to do that. And when he does forgive me, it will be all the more beautiful because it will be in Your time, not mine, which means it will not be forced. I was not forced to write that note to offer forgiveness. I did not feel forced nor did I feel pressured. So it felt more natural. And I am trying to learn to rest in your timing. It can seem slow sometimes, but it is important. Thank You for growing me in this area. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment