Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Days 21 and 22

Depend solely on God and trust God through everything.

Personally, these two things are two of the hardest things to do right now.

Trust. Trust God even in areas of anxiety.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:39) Trust in the Lord with all your heart. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

I never saw those areas of anxiety as being opportunities for growth before!

May I be frank? Well, honest because my name isn't frank?

I agree that God may be the ONLY ONE we can fully depend upon and we should be moving toward that, but when you come from a background in which your trust has literally been tested to the point where you have become skeptical about everything, I think it's okay to have those key people in your life who you have established trust with AS LONG AS they take that and use it as a valuable tool to point you back to God.

Do you have someone in your life like that who always finds a way to point you back to God and then hits the ground running right alongside of you cheering you on? If not, it might help.

Tom has been a point person for me lately. Today, I literally woke up with a heart full of gratitude because of the fact that God put him in my world as a friend and that through his actions and words, I am slowly, but surely, starting to reach up toward God. Don't get me wrong, I still need him and other friends to help me in this race called life, and God most certainly expects us to be in relationship with other believers who will be there with us and for us. But God uses these people to help spur us onward and upward.

Thank You God. Keep teaching me to trust You. Thank you for my friends and for Tom who spur me toward You in this race of life. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment