Sunday, April 12, 2015

Heaven Is Both Present and Future

I Corinthians 15:20-23 - But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 

Hebrews 6:19-20 - We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Dear God, I love the tastes of heaven I get in the now. But they are just that--tastes. I long for when those tastes are fulfilled in the future. Thank You for a little taste of heaven on eath and thank You for teaching me to see those tastes. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment