Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Treasure Hunt

Psalm 27:8 - You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, LORD, do I seek."

Isaiah 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

II Corinthians 4:7 - But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

Dear God, Sometimes I wish I could already have the treasure of heaven. This world hurts so much. Tom, my mom facing joblessness because of a misunderstanding, no church wanting me because of the autism and because they misunderstand me but refuse to try to work through things and instead abuse me and bully me, financial worries, health concerns, government messing around with benefits programs and trying to steal from one social program to give to another instead of cutting back on unnecessary localized spending that has no national benefit, republicans trying to hold the country hostage to their demands so they will do their jobs, and the list could go on. I am still looking for the treasures or blessings. Conflict resolution with Tom and maybe even with his church, mom to get a new job quickly (I have pretty much been assumed to be unemployable now which is something I will now be working hard at dispelling), a month with no infections of any kind, a financial miracle, and this list could go on and on as well. God, thank You for sending Jesus so I will have the greatest treasure in heaven one day. In Jesus' Name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment