Friday, February 14, 2014

I Am Your Shepherd

Psalm 23:1-6 - A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Luke 1:37 - For nothing will be impossible with God.

Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Dear God, You are the only good and true shepherd. Tom used being a shepherd as an excuse to hurt me. He did not act like a shepherd in that moment. He knew I was hurting, yet instead of taking care of the hurt sheep, he inflicted further damage. A good and true shepherd will also abandon the entire flock to go after the one that is lost knowing that when he brings that ONE back to the flock that all of heaven will rejoice more over that one than all the others who were never lost. God, I want to do the right thing and seek peace and restoration in this, but I need You to stir him. I need You to stir them. I need You to awaken their hearts and minds to the reality that their approach is not helpful to anyone and lacks the grace they so love to preach about all the time. But today, most of all, I need You to stir in my mom to move her to the point emotionally where she can be more proactive about getting a new job. And today, I also need Your healing touch. My throat pain has gotten even worse. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment