Saturday, February 21, 2015

Trust and Thankfulness Keep You Safe

Psalm 141:8 - But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord; in you I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless! 

Colossians 2:6-7 - Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

I Peter 5:6-7 - Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 

Dear God, trust, the protection against worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness, the protection against criticizing and complaining. Sister sins waiting to entangle me. Keeping my eyes on You means I am trusting You. I choose to trust You. Right now. Right here. On this very day. In this very hour. I choose to trust You every day. For the rest of my life. Trust is hard. It is not easy. Especially after having it shattered by the ones who were supposed to be the most trustworthy. Abusive parent. Misleading pastor. But, God, as hard as it may be, I am trusting You. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment