Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Power of Prayer

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies." - Psalm 27:11

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." - James 1:2-3

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." - James 4:7-8

"Hear my prayer, O Lord; give ear to my pleas for mercy! In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness!" - Psalm 143:1

Dear God, 

Worries and troubles are not fun, but teach me how to use them for good. Help me to use them to grow closer to You. Today I am worried because of the republicans who are back with full force threatening to take away insurance for millions upon millions of people who need access to healthcare without having to worry about being denied or dropped or going bankrupt over getting care. Today I am worried about millions of elderly, disabled, and veterans who rely upon the Social Security Administration programs so they can have shelter and food and healthcare they need. Today I am worried about the evil that the republicans have unleashed upon America. I need You God. I need Your shelter. I need Your provision. I need Your peace. I need Your comfort. Show me what to do. Satan, get thee behind me! I bind you Satan in the name of Jesus! 

Thank You God.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment