Thursday, January 5, 2017

Keep Asking

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

Other translation, focal verse: "With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or think of." - Ephesians 3:20

He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.' For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.'" And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith in earth?" - Luke 18:2-8

"For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." - Luke 11:10

Dear God, 

You are with me and within me. You are doing good things in my life. I may not always be aware that You are with me, but still You are there. I need to ask great things of You because You are great. Nothing is impossible for You. I need to pray boldly in Your name. I need to persevere in my prayers. I will keep praying right now that the people who have benefited from the protections of the ACA will not find themselves back where we were before the ACA. They do not deserve this. No matter who they voted for. I will ask that You empower me and other advocates to do the right thing and stand against the republicans attempting to screw us all up in this one area. I will ask that You intervene in a huge way. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment