Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Trust God One Day at a Time

Psalm 84:12 - O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Dear God, I have a lot to worry about, but yet I want to trust You more with each and every new day, new hour, new minute. Oh, trust is definitely very hard. I have been wounded by those I have come to trust and been taught are trustworthy: Pastors, parents, teachers, authority figures. And it is not easy to heal from such deep wounds. But today, I choose to trust You. Even as the republicans are doing the very thing I predicted before the elections and working to HURT the least of these with threats to cut disability, food programs, healthcare, etc., I am TRUSTING YOU to intervene. Even as I have to be knocked out some tomorrow so I can get my iron infusion again, I am trusting You to help the infusion man find a good vein that will not reject the IV. Even as I will have a meeting Monday to discuss one of my disabling conditions and the needs for that, I am going to TRUST You. Tomorrow has its own worries. It can keep them. In Jesus' Name, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment