Friday, March 13, 2015

Receive Abundant Joy From God

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

II Corinthians 3:18 - And we all, with unveiled face, be holding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Ephesians 3:14-19 - For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith–that you, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Dear God, I am tempted to earn Your love and joy yet I can do nothing to earn it except spend time with You in Your presence. The world is about earning things: earn love, earn trust, earn joy, earn peace, but these things are hard to earn. I rest secure in Your presence and joy and love and peace right now. I don't have to earn it. It is there for me to relish in. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment