Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Thought

Crying in the presence of another is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that the person(s) in the presence of whom one is crying is trustworthy enough for the honest bearing of the soul. Guard the hearts of those brave enough to cry in your presence for they trust you enough to not hold back.

Conversely, laughing in the presence of another either means something funny was said or done or that you are truly crazy in the head. Whichever the case may be, never be afraid to laugh at the sweat minor mistakes in laugh for the ability to laugh at one's own mistakes (like flooding a bathroom because you weren't paying close attention to how full the sink was getting) is a mark of great maturity and wisdom. Or so I hope because if it's not then I have been sorely misled by some very wise folks in my life. Guess though for me this means that unless I find someone to teach me to dance within the next week, I better be ready for laughs when I have my first not tap dance! Oops!

Behind the picture: 1. I had a mouthful of a new food. 2. My friend's reassuring words that I don't need to worry that we're not going to still be friends just because we can't always talk (though most of the anxiety is due to his upcoming trip and so coordinating our schedules will be most helpful). 3. I don't think I was supposed to combine those three ingredients together in my drink. ZIP!! But energy went up which was desired outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment